Start Your Own My Campus Chapter!
Always dreamed of starting your own magazine/newspaper/blog? Apply to be President/Editor-In-Chief of the Bright Futura chapter at your school!
As President/Editor-In-Chief, you are responsible for building a staff, producing weekly content, and publicizing your chapter on campus – running your own online magazine that is a part of Bright Futura’s national network.
The position is remote and unpaid but offers a unique opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in online media and publish your work on a national stage! Since joining the Bright Futura Team, BF writers have been offered jobs and internships at Glamour, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People magazine, W magazine, Teen Vogue, InStyle, Lucky, O magazine, MTV, The Washington Post, and Women’s Wear Daily, among others.
What’s a “My Campus” chapter?
A My Campus chapter is a section on BrightFutura.com devoted to your school, with the following features: News, Photo Blog, Campus Celebrities, Events, Polls, Blog—so that readers from your school can have an individualized experience on BrightFutura.com
What are the responsibilities of a President/Editor-In-Chief?
- Editorial: Create new content for each of the features and upload it to the site on a weekly basis (no prior web experience required).
- Build your team: Publicize Brightfutura.com and your “My Campus” chapter on your campus.
- Think different: There will always be things that Bright Futura can improve on or add. It is your job to innovate.
Cool! How do I apply?
Applicants are welcome to apply either as an individual founder or in a team of 2 co-founders. Applications are due July 15 and will be considered for launch in Fall 2012. Please save your application as a PDF and email it to email@example.com
In your application please have the following:
- Cover letter (joint cover letter for co-applicants)
- Resume (individual resumes required): emphasize experience in journalism, online media, marketing/public relations/event planning, entrepreneurship, or general leadership experience
- Writing sample (individual samples required): Preferred samples include a press release or an article for a newspaper, magazine, or blog. Choose a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write professionally with clarity and coherence. The subject matter may be similar to the content found on Bright Futura, but it may also be anything about which you feel passionate. If you do not have a press release or article, you may submit a creative writing piece (prose only) or an academic paper.
- 3 on-campus publicity ideas (3 joint ideas for co-applicants).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org